保齡球
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dodoskin Cesti or Brass Knuckles

2 posters

向下

Dodoskin Cesti or Brass Knuckles Empty Dodoskin Cesti or Brass Knuckles

帖子 由 cuitw 周二 十一月 16, 2010 3:06 pm

I am currently using Bronze Knuckles, thinking about getting a better weapon. I can use either Dodoskin Cesti or Brass Knuckles. Pretty sure that Brass Knuckles will do better but it is probably going to cost a fortune and more importantly, impossible to get ... People are selling s h i t in Market ward. For Dodoskin Cesti, I can buy it from NPC at 80k something. I think I will just spend 2 more days trying to find Brass Knuckles. If you see them at 120k or below, please buy them for me, thanks!!!

If you think I should get Dodoskin Cesti instead, please respond to this thread.

Updated on Nov 19: I've already got both, thanks!

由cuitw于周五 十一月 19, 2010 12:10 pm进行了最后一次编辑,总共编辑了1次
cuitw
cuitw

帖子数 : 118
注册日期 : 10-11-14

返回页首 向下

Dodoskin Cesti or Brass Knuckles Empty 回复: Dodoskin Cesti or Brass Knuckles

帖子 由 cuitw 周二 十一月 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Also the one I am using got damaged quickly, had to repair it everyday.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周二 十一月 16, 2010 3:10 pm

With a better weapon I am sure that I can solo the crabs easily.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周二 十一月 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Although it is very likely that there will be less SP gained per mob.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Jackle 周三 十一月 17, 2010 4:32 pm

i suggest u carry 2+ weapons until u or ur regular teammate can do the repairs

u better forget the solo. it s what? "pain in ass"? LOL, solo 1 mob then sit for minutes? Laughing
Jackle
Jackle
Admin

帖子数 : 129
注册日期 : 10-01-31

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周三 十一月 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Soloing still works at my level IMHO. Got from 15 to 16 in about an hour which could possibly be faster than doing levequest i think.

Why did you suggest me to carry 2 pairs or more of knuckles?
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周三 十一月 17, 2010 4:39 pm

Not sure if it was an exceptional case last night. Got only like 4-5k skill points in what? 1.5-2 hours? If it is the normal speed then I believe partying for mob camping will definitely be faster as far as leveling speed is concerned.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Jackle 周三 十一月 17, 2010 8:35 pm

1st of all, we were rushing quests last nite

2nd, to max out sp gain in leves, u should solo it or do it in duo

3rd, difference in ranks and physical levels not only ur rank s 4 lower than mine and sky's, also both our physical levels r 29 already which can rape our sp gain by very much. thats why i stopped most my ws Cool
Jackle
Jackle
Admin

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Jackle 周三 十一月 17, 2010 8:40 pm

cuitw 写道:Soloing still works at my level IMHO. Got from 15 to 16 in about an hour which could possibly be faster than doing levequest i think.

Why did you suggest me to carry 2 pairs or more of knuckles?

i soloed 15 to 16 too but after it, sp gain becomes slower and will be even more slower rank by rank. just like other mmorpg shouldnt u expect it? Laughing

why carry 2 weapons? would u be happy if ur knuckle bears a red icon and hurting ur dmg? Surprised
Jackle
Jackle
Admin

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周四 十一月 18, 2010 10:46 am

It is actually a new idea in the RPG game world that exp is not being the most important factor of characters' growth. They can claim that it is a revolutionary idea but I personally do not embrace the concept. However, to level up rank efficiently I think the most important factor is to HIT monster(of similar rank) as much as possible. It doesn't matter how fast you can kill which makes leveling in FFXIV different from traditional RPG games. Killing fast only helps on leveling the physical level up. I think the reason that you found getting SP by doing levequest faster than camping is the effect of guardian aspect. Considering the time we spent on running, getting quests and dying etc... There is a chance that we can level up rank faster than doing quests if we can find monster that we can fight non stop. Ideally, if there is a mob that we can fight for 5 minutes it will definitely be a good way.

Let's take the crab we fought last night as an example, you got like 400-500 SP in average, right? It took about 3-5 minutes(HP and MP recovery time covered) for us to kill one. So that's about 5400-9000 SP/hour. The rate is already higher than doing levequest based on my experience of doing quests. Of course there has to be enough crabs for us to kill. If they don't spawn fast enough we just have to do it somewhere else I guess. (It could be less than less than 3 minutes so the SP gained could be even better)

Does guardian aspect work only for levequest? Is it possible for us to initiate a quest, invoke guardian aspect, go somewhere to fight the mob we find appropriate and just let the quest fail? If affirmative, then it could possibly be the best way for rank leveling.

Summarizing my post,

1) Hitting mob more allows us to get more SP.
Total hit * chance of getting SP = SP gained

2) Doing levequest allows us to have a greater chance of obtaining SP so it basically increase the SP we can get which pretty much covers the time we lose for running around.(The time that we do not hit mob)
Total hit * chance of getting SP * guardian aspect SP bonus = SP gained
(In this scenario, total hit is less than mob camping due to the time spent for running around but as long as the guardian aspect can compensate it we would find it good still)

3) Ideal practice that I am not sure if it is possible.
Total hit * chance of getting SP * guardian aspect SP bonus = SP gained
Formula is the same as 2) but Total hit will be way higher while other factors remain the same so it is definitely gonna be better.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周四 十一月 18, 2010 11:11 am

Just for the record, we fought for 1.5 hours around last night and I got about 11k SP. After I got my rank up we did 4 levequests(in an hour) and got another 3k.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周五 十一月 19, 2010 11:41 am

toadstool could be a very good mob for leveling up our rank. They are located at Coerthas and Mor Dhona. Does anyone know how we can get there?
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周五 十一月 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Seriously, adding a random factor into SP gain is gay. Why on earth did they do that?! It doesn't make any sense. They should let players to gain SP from EACH and EVERY hit/heal/even action taken. If they lower the number of SP gained from each hit, players would still be leveling as slow as they are. Although, theoretically it should pretty much be the same but we do sometimes get nothing from killing a yellow mob and that sucks! I got 200 SP from a mushroom last night and got only like 45 from another. It would have made me more comfortable getting 122.5 SP from each and every mucshroom. When I saw "45" after battle I was like "What the Fxxk?!". For guardian aspect, they can just add a little bonus to the amount of SP gain.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周五 十一月 19, 2010 12:27 pm

RPG fans like the way they level based on mob killed, not the number of hits landed. SE Developers created this "revolutionary" leveling ideas and thought they were smart. They just don't realize how dumb it is!

Since they have already developed and deployed the system, I think they should at least combine the rank points of different actions as a whole. For example, a healer got 50 healing rank/skill points and 30 hitting/staff points from a battle, the total conjurer rank point gained should be 80. Same for Gladiator's shield skill.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周一 十二月 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Nevermind, this post is now outdated.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周一 十二月 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Though they did "fixed" it as suggested, except that the SP gain is not in a reasonable level. They are now forcing us to do leves.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

返回页首

您在这个论坛的权限:
不能在这个论坛回复主题