保齡球
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting theory about crafting

2 posters

向下

Interesting theory about crafting Empty Interesting theory about crafting

帖子 由 cuitw 周五 十一月 19, 2010 4:36 pm

CRAFTING

I loved crafting at the beginning of the game. I was getting good success rates, and I didn't understand why people were complaining about random results. I guess I was just getting really lucky. Recently I've been getting these random results, and I find it to be very frustrating. The only explanation is that there are multiple factors that change the outcome of your synthesis. In FFXI, there was the moon phase, weather, direction you faced, etc.
So I was crafting a few nights ago, and I found that it was one of those terrible success rate times. I was failing synths that were 5 ranks below me at 60% progress. I'm currently a rank 26 carpenter with pretty decent crafting gear, and I felt that this shouldn't be happening. Then I looked at the sidebar gadget. I must say... if you're a crafter you need to have this gadget. It's pretty amazing. I found that the day element was water and the hour element was fire. Those are the two elements that I didn't have any elemental points into. I thought I would try resetting my points to put more into water. My success rates went up by a lot. In fact I didn't fail any after I changed it. What I do now is I reset my points every time the day element changes, but I don't put all of my points into the one element. I also found that it's important to have points into the hour element. Of course you won't have enough points to cover every element. I don't craft on the hour that I have very low points into. In game hours go by fast so it's not that big of a deal. Again... I haven't crafted enough since then to give solid proof. But, I haven't failed a synth since I've started doing this. I'm sure there are other factors that play into crafting like weather and moon phase.
cuitw
cuitw

帖子数 : 118
注册日期 : 10-11-14

返回页首 向下

Interesting theory about crafting Empty 回复: Interesting theory about crafting

帖子 由 cuitw 周五 十一月 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Here is another theory posted by someone else:

I have a theory, that is starting to take shape as I gain more experience crafting, that each DoH class has TWO MAJOR stats that effect their craft and that those two stats affect the Primary weapon and Offhand.

For example -
Alchemists using Alembic: Relies on INT for success bonus.
Alchemists using Mortar: Relies on STR for success bonus.

Both INT and STR show up repeatedly on equipment suggested for ALC and at higher levels there are(were) skills that increase your INT or your STR respectively. It seems pretty logical that STR would help you Mill something.

I haven't tested this theory yet in numbers, but my observations of gear and skills seem to point to this.

Any thoughts?

If what he suggested was true that we can switch to off hand in case main hand always fails. However, if it is the same for off hand then we can go ahead and pick another crafting skill to level.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 Jackle 周日 十一月 21, 2010 3:52 pm

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=92e2a2ee13f174b5a6f5f658135e1bf4ab725f29

however i think the effect is very very limited i dont really care about the attributes.. SE has already put too many factors and variables on it
Jackle
Jackle
Admin

帖子数 : 129
注册日期 : 10-01-31

返回页首 向下

帖子 由 cuitw 周一 十一月 22, 2010 10:47 am

I've already posted this link in another thread but I actually overlooked the crafting part. Now I realize that I should be using main hand for armorer and blacksmith! I used to use off hand!!!!!!

I wonder if there is anyone who would reassign the attribute points each and everytime they craft. Creating extra character for crafting would be the best way to go IMHO.
cuitw
cuitw

返回页首 向下

返回页首

您在这个论坛的权限:
不能在这个论坛回复主题